To Our Customers and Friends:
With the current turmoil in our economy, I have recently been asked, "How safe are my deposits at Mission Bank?" In response, I have put together this brief list of facts about Mission Bank.
- Mission Bank is rated "well capitalized" by federal regulators. The highest designation possible. Our most recent examination by federal regulators indicated Mission Bank is safe and sound.
- Mission Bank is rated 5 Stars by independent bank rating company BauerFinancial and highly rated by Bankrate.
- Deposits at Mission Bank are insured by the FDIC for up to $250,000* per depositor. No one has ever lost a penny of FDIC insured deposits.
- Mission Bank does not get greedy and try to make a "fast buck." We continue to stay with sound banking principals and maintain clean loan portfolios. Mission Bank did not make sub-prime loans.
- Mission Bank did not purchase sub-prime loans or bonds that were backed by sub-prime loans. Mission Bank has no exposure to losses from sub-prime mortgages.
- Mission Bank does not promote irresponsible lending practices. These practices do not represent the values of Mission Bank or our communities. As a result, we've been able to stay well reserved, well capitalized and profitable.
- Mission Bank is managed by local, conservative business people and serves only our local markets. Mission Bank has no foreign accounts.
- Mission Bank reinvests stockholders' capital to grow the bank and our communities' families and businesses.
- Mission Bank will remain locally owned and operated. You can count on us to be here for you in the future.
- We are dedicated to providing the best customer service and insuring that your money is safe and sound. Please take a moment to read our Luxury Expenditure Policy.
Mission Bank is a strong, vibrant, growing institution.
We are most appreciative of the trust and confidence you place in us in serving
your financial needs, and are committed to doing our very best to continue to earn your loyalty.
For more information about
FDIC insurance coverage, visit www.fdic.gov.